2017 is over and I wanted to do a recap blog post! This is my first year recap post but I think it’ll be really fun to look back on! This year was full of travel and amazing experiences and I can’t wait to see what’s in stores for 2018! My hubby and I are going on another trip in a few weeks, followed by house hunting, and then a few more trips! The year was full of great memories, but I only want to share a few because I don’t want this blog post to go on forever!
- My husband and I hiked the Inca trail in March! Seeing Machu Picchu has always been on the top of my bucket list and it was amazing! I was running on adrenaline the whole time but once we were at the airport my body just gave up! It was a little rainy but the clouds parted and we had perfect weather once we got to Machu Picchu on day 4! The food in Peru is amazing, the people are so friendly, and I love all the llamas! We would love to go back to Peru and see more of the country since we were only there for a quick hike! Watch the vlog of the trip here: Day 1. Day 2. Day 3. Day 4.
2. Speaking of bucket lists.. going to Zermatt was on my husbands bucket list! We went to Switzerland in May and it was sooooo beautiful! We spent about 2 weeks traveling around by car and train and every second was scenic! Definitely one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been to! Watch the vlogs of this trip here.
3. We went paragliding for the first time in Interlaken, Switzerland! It was sooooo much fun! I was so nervous about it and almost chickened out, but I’m so glad I did it! The second my feet left the ground and I looked down and saw a herd of sheep running around I was in awe! Watch this vlog here.
4. Seeing wild elephants in Sri Lanka was definitely a yearly highlight! We spent about 10 days traveling through Sri Lanka! This trip was amazing but super tiring! We basically went town to town every day and did a lot of walking in the hot weather! It wasn’t an easy trip but it was one of those trip thats great to look back on and think about all the memories! Watch the vlog with all the elephants here!
5. After stumbling through Sri Lanka, we relaxed in the MALDIVES! Clearly this list wouldn’t be complete if I didn’t add this to the list! Besides being in the Maldives, at a 5 star resort, and staying in an overwater bungalow, what made this trip even more amazing was the fact that I was here for one of my very first PR work! We spent thanksgiving week in paradise and I had so much to be thankful for! Watch the Maldives vlogs here.
6. Funny to say that this specific work day in Miami was a highlight to the year…but it was! I remember we set our alarms early on a weekend, drove through crazy traffic, all to film a video and take some photos of two different products with two different companies. I just remember we spent ours doing it, sweating, and burning my butt on the hot pavement! This day made me feel like I could actually turn what I love doing into actual work! Watch this days vlog here and here.
7. My husband is being transferred to a new unit in Washington, a unit that requires more time away. The amount of days an active duty person gets to spend at home isn’t always a lot.. but this year we were lucky with that! This is one of my favorite photos taken this year.
10 PLACES WE WENT IN 2017:
- Crystal River, FL
- Seattle, WA
- Vancouver, Canada
- Sri Lanka
- St. Augustine, FL
- Bahia Honda, FL
- Port Everglades, FL
10 PLANS FOR 2018:
- Paris, France
- Banff, Canada
- Cape Canaveral, FL
- Key West, FL
- Cross Country Road Trip
- New Zealand
- BUY A HOUSE!
What a year it has been! I am so excited for another year of adventures in 2018! Thank you all so so SO much for following along on my journey of life! It’s so fun and special to share it with all of you. Happy New Year everyone!